The Best Fit Window provides the ability to page out open shifts to any employee that is available / not currently on the schedule and is qualified for the role. The tool also allows you to manage the overtime of your employees by showing you a list of employees that can work a shift and sorting that list based on how many hours they currently have for the week.
Important things to note:
You may notice some columns are not available in your database when viewing the Best Fit Window. If that is the case and you would like to have it enabled, please contact support for assistance.
To using this tool you will navigate to either the Schedule Views or Schedule Worksheet. For our walk through, we will be using Schedule Worksheet. You can find this page by navigating to ePro Scheduler > Scheduling > Schedule Worksheet.
Next you will click on the people icon beside the open shift that you would like to page out to your available employees.
This will open the Best Fit Window and allow you to 'Query Available Employees' to view a list of employees that are not currently working and are qualified for the open shift in question.
- The 'Cost Center' drop down allows you to sort available employees by their department.
- The 'Availability' drop down allows you to pull up employees based on their submitted availability.
- The 'Show All' check box allows you to view all available employees.
- The 'All Qualified' check box allows you to view all employees qualified for the shift.
- The 'Page Out By' radio buttons allows you to send out a message via Text, Email, or both.
- The 'To' radio buttons check or un-check employees under the send column.
- The 'Send' button allows you to send a message to the selected employees.
Once you have the employees available to work the open shift pulled up, you will see they ranked in the list by number of hours. The employees with the most hours already scheduled that week will be at the bottom of the list.
- The 'FT/PT' column lists if the employee is full time or part time.
- The 'Hours' column displays the number of hours an employee is currently scheduled for that week.
- The 'Send' column shows what methods of communication are available for the employee. A blue asterisk indicates the employee has a mobile device available. A green asterisks indicates an email address is available.
- The 'Availability' column will display what the employee's availability for that date and time are, if they have submitted it.
Once you have selected which employees you would like to offer the open shift to, you will click the green 'Send' button. This opens a box that allows you to type out any text messages that you would like in regard to the open shift. Once you have filled this out, you will click the green 'Send' button.
Direct Response Enabled:
If you would like the open shift messages to be interactive, allowing the employee to pick up the shift directly from their phone or email, you can do this using Direct Response.
To check if you have Direct Response enabled, or to update your settings to enable it, you will navigate to ePro Scheduler > Scheduling Admin > Configure Scheduling. You will scroll to the 'Employee Shift Pickup Request Settings' section to update / enable these settings.
Once enabled, the employee will be given the ability to accept shifts that are paged out to them through the Best Fit Window. It would appear as a link sent to their phone. If they would like to pick up the shift or would like more information about the shift, they would click on the 'Shift Request' link.
If they choose to pick up the shift, they can enter a comment and then click the red 'Submit Request' button. The page will then show the pending status while they wait for their shift pick up to be approved by management / scheduling.
Once the manager / scheduler approves or denies the request, the employee will see either update from the same direct response page.