The Schedule Wizard is a very useful multiple purpose tool that can make light work of tedious manual tasks. The ability to update all shifts with a new Cost Center or Earning Code in one action instead of hundreds tends to be a life saver for schedulers and managers alike.
Important things to note:
This is a very powerful and should not be enabled for users not familiar with ePro Scheduler. Since the ability to make changes or even delete multiple items at once is possible, you may limit access to this tool.
To begin editing Schedule Items please go to Scheduling Admin > Schedule Wizard.
From here you will be able to update all available fields to filter your results similar to the Summary Item / Detail Report. To get started you will need to query with the necessary parameters.
- The 'Employee' drop down provides you with the ability to search by a specific employee, all employees, or by open shifts.
- The 'Item Type' drop down will allow to you query by specific item types or 'All'. To select and add the item type to you will select the grey 'Plus Sign' button.
- The 'Hire Status' drop down will allow you to select the employees status of 'Full Time', 'Part Time' or 'All'.
- The 'Earning Code' drop down allows you to look up shifts that are using a certain earning code, you also have the ability to query by multiple earning codes. To select and add the Earning Code you will select the grey 'Plus Sign' button.
- The 'Days' check boxes limit to a specific day or days of the week. Leaving these unchecked will search all days.
- The 'Query By' radio button options gives you the ability to select 'Date Span' or 'Pay Period' time-frames.
- The 'Order By' drop down lets you customize how your results will be shown listed. You have the option to select 'Schedule Date', 'Last Name', 'Employee ID', 'Cost Center'and 'FT Hire Date'.
- The 'Query' button is used to query be the selected parameters
- The 'Edit' button will allow you to edit the selected shifts from the Query.
- The 'Delete' button will delete the selected shifts.
- The 'Clear' button removes Query parameters.
In the example used for this walk through, we have searched for all EMT shifts scheduled for Holly Flax during Pay Period 21.
You can either edit one shift at a time, using the pencil and paper icon beside the shift or you can edit multiple shifts at time by using the green 'Edit' button.
When using the green 'Edit' button the Schedule Wizard edit box will open providing you with the ability to make changes to multiple items at once.
Any of the fields that you are not wanting to update you will leave set to 'No Change' and then click the green 'Save' button to complete the update.
Once the shifts have been successfully updated you will see a blue check mark next to the shifts that will show you which shifts were successfully updated. If you were to use the Delete option instead of the check you will see a red 'X'.